Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kan Ka Yan = Me

It's self reflection time. Having been here at Canada for quite sometime now, I've received the same question for a couple of times from different person: Why are you so quiet?

I've never thought that being quiet is a problem nor do I think that it's weird to be quiet. Perhaps the people around me had always bear with me or it's normal to them. Here, however, is not quite the case. Everyone is sociable and likes to talk, a lot. They'd talk about almost everything, even if you just met them a few seconds ago. They are friendly, undoubtedly. Sometimes, their over friendliness sort of freaks me out. I don't tell a person whom I am not close to about everything, much less a new stranger whom I recognise only a name. No. That's not me. The same question coming from different mouths made me wonder, for a split second, if I am not-right. Then it all comes back to the issue: Who am I?

Sometimes I am noisy, annoying, lame and talkative. That's when I am with people whom I am familiar with, such as family and friends.

Sometimes I am eerily quiet, shy and scared. That's when I am with people whom I am not familiar with, such as new friends and strangers.

But I'd consider myself more an introvert. Not so sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Someone told me it's just preference and I think he's right. =)

Ultimately, I am me! I am not anti-social, just not so good in making new friends but I guess friends come along as you walk the road of your life. No matter who you are, there will be someone who is willing to accept you the way you are. Those are who you call a true friend. So, I'll just be myself.

Someone asked me if I'd cried yet up until now. I gave a firm "No". The person seemed to be shock by my answer. Haha! I am myself, impressed. I thought I will. But I haven't. At least not yet. =) Guess we do grow. Despite the unwillingness.

Signing off to a shower. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment